California State University San Marcos – California State University San Marcos is a public comprehensive university in San Marcos, California, United States. It is also one of the 23 campuses of the California State University system. The university was first founded in 1989 as the 20th CSU campus. There are various undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered to the students in the university. California State University San Marcos has four different colleges: the College of Business Administration, the College of Science and Mathematics, the College of Humanities, Arts, Behavioural and Social Sciences, and the College of Education, Health and Human Services.
Get all the details below regarding the rankings of the university and the reasons behind studying at California State University, San Marcos.
Why Study at California State University San Marcos:
There is always a reason behind choosing the University for your higher studies. The answer to the question is discussed below.
- If the US is your dream destination for your abroad studies, choose California State University San Marcos as your next study abroad destination. It is on of the top ranked public university.
- You will get the best foreign culture in the place.
- It is one of the 23 campuses of the California State University system.
- The University is located in San Marcos, a suburban city in the North County area of San Diego County.
- There are around 80 recognised student organizations on campus.
- CSU San Marcos is a “perennial top performer” in RecycleMania, a nationwide college and university competition
- The University has been ranked 1 position for six consecutive years (2005–2011.
- Apart from academic studies, there are different athletics for the students.
- There are around 232 tenured and tenure-track professors in the university.
- Get an international exposure and a lifetime of experience.
Academic Courses in CSU San Marcos
The CSU, San Marcos has four colleges. Get the details below.
- College of Business Administration: The College has three departments. Accounting and Finance, Information Systems and Operations Management, Management and Marketing.
- College of Science and Mathematics: It has five departments. Biological Science, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Computer Science and Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics
- College of Humanities, Arts, Behavioural and Social Sciences: It has thirteen departments. Anthropology, Communication, Economics, History, Liberal Studies, Literature and Writing Studies, Modern Language Studies, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Visual and Performing Arts, Women’s Studies.
- College of Education, Health and Human Services: It has two schools. The School of Nursing and School of Education. Apart from that, it has two departments: Kinesiology and Human Development.
Reasons to Study in California State University San Marcos
- The first and the foremost reason to study in CSU, San Marcos is its location. It is located in the heart of coastal southern California, which is one of the best places to live and the best place for students studying in the United States.
- The university offers both academic programs and supports services to the student.
- There are around 150 clubs and societies in the university. This will help the students to join and enjoy the time.
- CSU San Marcos has been rated the safest 4-year college in California.
- The university has an accreditation by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- The tuition fee is very affordable.
- There are around 62 bachelor degrees, 15 master degrees, and many other courses. Students can easily choose their course of interest.
- Get connection with different national and international student across the world.
- There are around 12,177 students in the university.
- The university follows the semester-based academic calendar.
- Students will get one-on-one interaction with the faculty members. If the student faces any problem, he or she can easily interact with the professor.
- There are also various financial or scholarships facilities for the students.
- The accommodation facility is easily available and is very neat and clean.
California State University San Marcos Rankings
If we talk about the California State University San Marcos Rankings, it is ranked 88 in the 2017 edition of Best Colleges is Regional Universities West. It is also ranked 32 in Top Public Schools.
California State University San Marcos Rankings by Times Higher Education
Times Higher Education US University Rankings 2017, ranked California State University San Marcos 501-600th.
|World University Rankings 2016||501-600th|
|World University Rankings 2015||501-600th|
|World University Rankings 2014||501-600th|
|World University Rankings 2013||501-600th|
San Marcos Ranking by THE – Key Statistics
|Out-of-state Tuition and Fees||$18,329|
|On-campus Room and Board||$12,855|
|Salary after 10 years||$45,400|
For more details, stay tuned to our website.