California State University Long Beach, California, United States is one of the largest universities in the state of California by enrollment. It has total 37,776 students for the Fall 2016 semester. CSU, Long Beach is also the third largest campus of the 23-school California State University system (CSU). The former names of the university were Los Angeles-Orange County State College (1949–50), Long Beach State College (1950–1964) and California State College, [at] Long Beach (1964–1972). California State University Long Beach was established in the year 1949. The affiliations are California State University system, AASCU and ASAIHL.
Why Study at California State University Long Beach:
This is indeed a strong question, why study in CSU, Long Beach. There are different plus points that students choose California State University Long Beach for their different courses. It is one of the largest public universities. It offers 82 undergraduate degree programs and one-quarter courses in business or visual and performing arts.
Have a look at California State University Long Beach at a glance.
- Student Population: 36,809
- Undergraduate Population: 31,643
- Student to Faculty Ratio: 25
- Total Annual Cost: $34,124
- In-State Tuition: $6,452
- Out-of-State Tuition: $17,612
- Percentage on Financial Aid: 72%
- Average Grant Aid Received (FT/First-Time): $5,574
- Percentage Admitted: 35%
- SAT Composite Range: 940-1170
- ACT Composite Range: 20-25
Academic departments in California State University Long Beach
There are an array of programs offered in CSU, Long Beach. There are undergraduate courses, master programs, PhD and more. There are over 1,800 bachelor programs and 357 master’s programs. Below are the subjects offered in CSU, long Beach.
- Arts & humanities
- Life sciences
- Business & Economics
- Engineering & technology
- Physical sciences
- Social sciences
- Computer Science
- Clinical, pre-clinical & health
Reasons to Study in CSU, Long Beach
- The university is best rated by the students in terms of ethnicity and programs.
- It is the largest campuses in the 23-member California State University (CSU) system.
- It has great academic excellence. Students are given the best knowledge by qualified teaching staffs.
- The university provides high-quality undergraduate and graduate programs
- World-class campus
- The university provides the best job opportunities to the students after completing the course.
- There are also various part-time job opportunities for students.
- The courses are affordable and a great option for higher studies.
- The university has an amazing location overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
- Amazing students life
- Campus safety
- In-house Campus services to students
California State University Long Beach is ranked 35th by Regional Universities West, 7th by Top Public Schools, 116th in Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs.
California State University, Long Beach Rankings by Times Higher Education
THE World University Rankings has ranked California State University Long Beach in 601-800th.
|Number of Students||Student to Staff Ratio||Percentage of International Students||Student Ratio of Females to Males||Out-of-state Tuition and Fees||On-campus Room and Board||Salary after 10 years|
|29,594||32.3||5%||58 : 42||$17,612||$11,688||$46,700|