California State University San Marcos Application Process and admission deadlines 2018-California State University, San Marcos, the 23 campuses of the California State University system is one of the leading and reputed universities in California, United States. The university has an acceptance rate of 67% (2015), the total enrollment of 14,179 (2015).
The University has an array of undergraduate and postgraduate courses available in the university. There are around 62 different Bachelor’s degrees, 15 master’s degrees an Ed.D. Program and 13 teaching credentials. CSU, SM has four colleges for different courses, namely the College of Business Administration, the College of Science and Mathematics, the College of Humanities, Arts, Behavioural and Social Sciences, and the College of Education, Health, and Human Services.
California State University San Marcos Application Process:
Are you thinking of studying at California State University, San Marcos? Well before applying for the program; know the details regarding the application process, how to apply, application deadlines, etc. Know the stepwise details of the California State University, San Marcos Application Process. The application is for all the different sections.
Freshman – CSU SM, accepts the applications for Freshman Category in the month of October 1 and November 30 every month. The eligibility to apply for Freshman is as follows:
- A high school graduate or complete a GED.
- Scores from the ACT or SAT Reasoning exam.
- Grades of “C” or higher in the “a-g” college preparatory subjects by the end of spring.
How to Apply for Admission in California State University, San Marcos
- Firstly, candidates have to download the application form from the website CSUMentor.edu and submit to CSU SM at an application fee of $55.00. You will receive an email regarding the submission of your application form at your email Id.
- Submit ACT/SAT test scores to California State University, San Marcos before January.
- Attach all the academic details with the form.
- You can also check the status of your application form after submitting. You will get an email from CSU, SM regarding the CSUSM ID number. Through this, you can check the status.
- The transcripts and details will be cross verified and as soon all the process are done, you will get an invitation for the admission.
If you fall in the Transfer category student, apply between October 1 and November 30 every year. The eligibility for the transfer student is as follows:
- Have to complete 60 or more transferable semester (90 transferable quarter) units by the end of spring.
- Cumulative transfer GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Have to complete the four general education courses, which is also known as the “Golden Four”. (Oral Communication, Written Communication, Critical Thinking, Mathematics or Quantitative Reasoning).
Note – The process to apply for the admission is same as mentioned above.
All the process to apply is same as mentioned above.
The application requirements are as follows:
- Fill the online application form
- Each program has different requirements, visit the official website for more details.
California State University, San Marcos Application Process for international students for Fall of every year is conducted in the month of June.
California State University San Marcos Application Deadlines 2018
Following are the tentative dates to apply for the California State University, San Marcos Application Process-
- Between October 1 – November 30: Apply to CSUSM (Tentative)
- Between October 1 – March 2 – File FAFSA (financial aid application) for priority consideration (Tentative)
- February 15 – Documentation deadline. Freshmen must submit application fee and official test scores. Transfers must submit application fee and all official transcripts, including those with fall grades, if applicable (Tentative)
- April – Last month to register online for the May EPT/ELM tests (Tentative)
- May 1 – Deadline to submit the “Intent to Enroll” and deposit non-refundable amount of $150. (Tentative)
- May – FRESHMAN ONLY – Placement exam completion (EPT/ELM) (Tentative)
- July 15 – Deadline for receipt of final transcripts with spring grades. (Tentative)
Contact Information (California State University, San Marcos)
Craven Hall, Room 5210 333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Rd. San Marcos, CA 92096-0001
Tel: (760) 750-4066
If you have any query, drop a message and we will get back to you at the earliest.