Carnegie Mellon University US – Carnegie Mellon University is a private research university in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The university was first founded in 1990 by the name Carnegie Technical Schools. Later in 1912, it was named as the Carnegie Institute of Technology and merged with the Mellon Institute of Industrial Research to form Carnegie Mellon University. The University has seven colleges and schools. Namely, the College of Engineering, College of Fine Arts, Dietrich College of Humanities and Social Sciences, Mellon College of Science, Tepper School of Business, H. John Heinz III College of Information Systems and Public Policy, and the School of Computer Science. The university holds the 24th ranked in the US by U.S. News & World Report rankings. Every year a large number of students from across the world come to get their degrees. There are various undergraduate and postgraduate courses available in the university. Have a look at all the details of the university.
Why Study at Carnegie Mellon University:
Ranked 24th by U.S. News & World Report rankings, Carnegie Mellon University holds a very strong position among different colleges and university. The university has the world’s first degree-granting Robotics and Drama programs. Apart from that, it has the first Computer Science departments. The main highlight of the university is ranked 89th for R&D in 2015. The university has around 13,650 students from 114 countries across the world.
There are the plethora of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the university. In undergraduate programs, there are around 6,362 students and in a postgraduate program, there are around 7,141 students. The university follows the semester-based academic calendar.
Academic departments in Carnegie Mellon University:
In Carnegie Mellon University, US, there are seven colleges and schools. Below are the names of the colleges and Schools.
- College of Engineering: The College of Engineering has the following departments.
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Engineering and Public Policy
- Information Networking Institute
- Institute for Complex Engineered Systems
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- College of Fine Arts: The College includes:
- Dietrich College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Dietrich College of Humanities and Social Sciences has the below-mentioned departments.
- Information Systems
- Institute for Politics and Strategy
- Modern Languages
- Social & Decision Sciences
- Mellon College of Science: It includes:
- Biological Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Tepper School of Business: It includes:
- Undergraduate Business
- Undergraduate Economics
- Computational Finance (M.S.)
- Doctoral Program
- Executive Education
- John Heinz III College of Information Systems and Public Policy: It includes:
- Information Systems & Management
- Information Security Policy & Management
- Information Technology
- Arts Management
- Entertainment Industry Management
- Healthcare Policy & Management
- Public Policy & Management
- Public Management
- Medical Management
- Doctoral Programs
- Executive Education
- The School of Computer Science: The School of Computer Science includes the following departments.
- Computer Science Department
- Institute for Software Research
- The Robotics Institute
- Human-Computer Interaction Institute
- Computational Biology
- Language Technologies Institute
- Machine Learning
Reasons to Study in Carnegie Mellon University:
The reasons studying at Carnegie Mellon University, US, one will find an array of reasons. Know all the details below.
- Carnegie Mellon University is ranked 23rd in the world by Times Higher Education and 58th in the world by QS World University Rankings (2016–17).
- Their university has an array of well-qualified faculty members. Students can easily interact with them to know more about any doubts. The classrooms are not so big. It has fewer students in every class. This helps the students and professor interaction more strong.
- Students are offered quality courses in order to make them perfect for any higher opportunities.
- The University helps the students to maintain and build a strong international relation among himself or herself.
- There is a great scope for entrepreneurship. Students are prepared for every phase of life so that they can stand out in the crowd.
- There are also different financial support systems available for the students.
- You can build a strong network with different people across the world.
- There is a great scope for high-paying jobs.
Carnegie Mellon University Rankings:
Carnegie Mellon University is ranked 24 in National Universities. The rankings are based on the standard of the course, faculty members, no; of students, Academic Life, Student Life, cost of the study, safety in the campus, and many more.
- Ranked 24 in National Universities
- Ranked 14 in Best Colleges for Veterans
- Ranked 45 in Best Value Schools
Carnegie Mellon University Ranking by QS
|World University Rankings 2016||58th|
|World University Rankings 2015||62th|
|World University Rankings 2014||65th|
|World University Rankings 2013||57th|
|World University Rankings 2012||49th|
Carnegie Mellon University Rankings by Times Higher Education
The University is one of the 25 universities to be admitted to the World Economic Forum’s Global University Leaders Forum. Carnegie Mellon University is ranked 23rd by World University Rankings 2017 and 19th US College Rankings 2017.
|World University Rankings 2016||23rd|
|World University Rankings 2015||23rd|
|World University Rankings 2014||23rd|
|World University Rankings 2013||23rd|
|Number of Students||12,311|
|Student to Staff Ratio||13.2|
|Percentage of International Students||13%|
|Student Ratio of Females to Males||38 : 62|
|Out-of-state Tuition and Fees||$49,022|
|On-campus Room and Board||$12,400|
|Salary after 10 years||$74,100|
For more details, stay tuned to our website.