IIM Cat 2016 Result Declaration: Common Admission Test (CAT) was conducted on DECEMBER 4, 2016 for MBA. The number of students appeared this year were more than 2Lakh. This year, the convener for CAT 2016 was IIM Bangalore. CAT Result 2016 will be released in the second week of January.
Common Admission Test:
CAT is conducted once in a year in two separate sessions. The time duration for the exam is three hours. The paper is divided into three sections with an equal time given to all the sections. CAT is generally conducted in the month of November or December and the result of the exam is declared in the month of January. The test is organized by any of the IIMs, this year IIM Bangalore is the in charge and has stated that the CAT 2016 was concluded successfully. The institute also states that the integrity of the test is not being compromised and has requested the candidates not to pay heed to the rumors. The wait of the 2.32lakh candidates seeking admission into the Best B-Schools will come to a rest in the second week of January 2017.
IIM CAT 2016 Result – Exam Review:
The exam pattern was almost the same as the mock exam papers of the CAT2016.
|Sections||Number of Questions||Time Duration||Level of Difficulty|
|Verbal Ability||34||60 minutes||Easy-Moderate|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||60 minutes||Difficult|
|Quantitative Ability||34||60 minutes||Moderate|
- The verbal ability section had 24 question of Reading Comprehension and 10 questions of verbal ability such as parajumbles, analogies, fill in the blanks, verbal reasoning, etc.
- The best time distribution could be in a manner in which 40 minutes are given to Reading Comprehension and the remaining 20 minutes to the verbal ability part.
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning:
- This section had 3 sets of Logical Reasoning questions and 5 sets of Data Interpretation questions. Last year the ratio of set was same.
- This section could be said as the deciding section as the difficulty level of high and the section was very time consuming.
- The section had at least one question from all the topics/chapters.
- Questions from probability and functions were missing.
There was a problem with the symbol of root which seemed or looked like the pie sign. The afternoon students were faced by this problem.
CAT Result 2016 – Expected Cut-off Marks:
The expected cut-off marks as calculated by certain experts are:
|Net Correct Questions||47||36||31||26||21|
CAT Results 2016 – Schedule:
- Declaration of CAT 2016 Result: Second week of January, 2017
- List by IIMs of the Shortlisted Candidates: Fourth week of January, 2017
The CAT Result 2016 or CAT 2016 Result will be available online and will not be sent to students via hard copy or emails. Last year due to some technical glitch the score was sent to the candidates via SMSs on their registered mobile number.
The CAT 2016 Result holds applicable for many B-Schools and the wishful candidates should go through the admission process of the B-School which they are willing to join.
Once the CAT 2016 Result is being declared then the B-Schools will declare their cutoff percentiles and the further process of interview and conversion will start.
Best of Luck Candidates for the CAT 2016 Result!