Are you interested in applying for a program at Curtin University, Australia? If so, you will need to learn about the Curtin University Application Process, important dates and documents that you will need to submit. Let us look at all these details one by one.
How to Apply for Admission in Curtin University?
Once you have decided to apply to Curtin University, Australia, the next step involves getting to know about the admission process. Here are a few pointers:
- Fill in and complete the online application form that is available on the official website.
- Students interested in applying for research or doctoral degrees by coursework can refer to the official website for more details.
- The application form would have to be posted or scanned and emailed at the mentioned address along with the required documents.
- In a week’s time, students will receive an email acknowledgement from the university along with the student number. Students would be asked to use this student number for all future correspondences.
These were some of the initial steps in the Curtin University admission procedure. Let us now look at the admission procedure in greater detail.
Curtin University Application Process:
Once you have filled in your application form, you will have to send it along with the required documents. Here is a list of required documents:
- Attested photocopies of academic transcripts and certificates.
- Scores of English Language Proficiency tests like IELTS and TOEFL.
- Any other documents that may be requested for.
- In case of name change (after marriage or otherwise), aspiring students will be asked to provide supporting documents.
- Academic transcripts and certificates should be signed along with the date and official stamp by an authorized Curtin representative, Curtin international staff member, registrar at your university, Justice of the Peace, Commissioner for Oaths/Declarations or any notary office.
- Received applications will be assessed by the admissions committee within two to four weeks. You will be notified, if more documents are required.
- Credits for Recognized Learning (CRL) would be granted if all the transcripts and award certificates have been sent. These credits would be awarded at the discretion of the admissions committee.
- Once your application has been assessed and approved, you will receive the offer package which consists of your offer letter, Form for Acceptance of offer, form specifying payment options, terms of offer, International Student Refund Agreement flyer, pre-departure guide, Housing Services brochure, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) brochure which is also available online.
- Once you receive your offer package, scrutinize all the details to make sure that they are correct. These include your name, course title and semester.
- Ensure that you meet all the requirements mentioned in the Letter of Offer.
- The next step would be to submit your Acceptance of Offer form, paying your tuition fees and OSHC fee through one of the payment methods specified and by attaching a photocopy of your passport details page.
- Once you submit your Acceptance of Offer form along with the fees and other documents, you will receive your electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) via email.
- You will then have to apply for your student visa. The duration of the visa will depend on the course that you have chosen. It would be advisable to contact the nearest Australian Embassy for more details regarding your student visa.
Curtin University’s Application Deadlines, 2018
Courses taught at the University are either semester-based or trimester-based.
The Curtin University application deadlines for international students who have enrolled themselves in semester-based courses are as follows:
Applications will not be accepted two weeks before the orientation week.
- 20th – 24th Feb, 2018 – Orientation for Semester 1 students
- 24th – 28th July, 2018 – Orientation for Semester 2 students
- 27th Feb, 2018 – Commencement of Semester 1
- 31st July, 2018 – Commencement of Semester 2
The application deadlines for international students who have enrolled themselves in trimester-based courses are as follows:
- 30th December, 2017 – Last day for processing applications
- 11th Jan, 2018 – Orientation
- 16th Jan, 2018 – Commencement of Trimester
Trimester 2, 2018:
- 21st April, 2018 – Last day for processing applications
- 3rd May, 2018 – Orientation
- 8th May, 2018 – Commencement of Trimester
Trimester 3, 2018:
- 11th Aug, 2018 – Last day for processing applications
- 23rd August, 2018 – Orientation
- 28th August, 2018 – Commencement of Trimester