Dundalk Institute of Technology Ireland Application Process, Dundalk Institute of Technology Admission Deadlines 2018 has been revealed. Have you begun to plan for your higher education studies abroad? Would you like to study in one of the leading technical institutes in Ireland? If so, you will have to pay careful attention to the admission process and requirements. Let us look at the Dundalk Institute of Technology Ireland admission process and Dundalk Institute of Technology (DkIT), Ireland Admission deadlines.
Dundalk Institute of Technology Ireland Application Process- How to Apply for Admission at DKIT?
Once you have shortlisted DkIT as your desired college, the next step would be to go through the application guidelines. There are two ways of applying to the college:
- You can directly apply to the Dundalk Institute of Technology’s International Office.
- You could use the Application Form for international students through one of the institute’s appointed agents.
Dundalk Institute of Technology Ireland Application Process
International applicants wishing to apply to the institute should contact the official website for international applicants. The following steps are involved in the admission process:
- You will have to make sure that you meet the entry requirements for that course before you start applying.
- In case, there is competition for seats, the candidate who obtains the minimum required points will get the seat.
- While filling in the application form, be sure to list the courses in the order of your preference.
- In addition, your application should be accompanied with the required documents including academic transcripts, certificates, and scores of English Proficiency Tests.
The English Language Proficiency requirements are as follows:
- You will be asked to acquire a minimum grade of B2 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages or CEFR.
- Alternatively, you could also send your IELTS scores. The minimum scores required for various programs are as follows:
- Foundation English Program – minimum IELTS score of 4.5
- Pre-Sessional Foundation English Program – minimum IELTS score of 5
- Ordinary Bachelor’s Degree (Level 7 courses) – minimum IELTS score of 5.5
- Honors Bachelor’s Degree (Level 8 courses) – minimum IELTS score of 6
- Master’s Program – minimum IELTS score of 6.5 (In case an applicant displays proof to show that he/she has obtained his/her Bachelor’s Degree with English being the medium of instruction, he/she may be allowed entry into a STEM program with an IELTS score of 6).
- Once your application is approved, you will receive an initial offer letter either directly or through the office of the appointed agent. In case you have applied for post, the offer letter will be sent by mail which will also include instructions on how to proceed with things.
- Be sure to read all the instructions carefully and accept the offer.
- You could accept the offer online in case you have applied online.
- You will then be required to pay the full fees for the first year of the program. You will also have to pay for health insurance.
- Once the fees have been deposited into the DkIT account, the officials will then send you the final offer letter.
- This offer letter will be required for the visa application process.
- In case your visa gets rejected, DkIT will refund the entire fee amount.
- Once the final offer letter is received, candidates can apply for accommodation facilities. Candidates should also go through the contract details carefully before applying for housing.
- Once you register at DkIT, you will have to complete immigration procedures with the Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) in Dundalk. You will have to submit the following documents for this purpose:
- Photocopies of your passport.
- Documents to prove that you have adequate financial aid (usually, you will need to have at least € 3,000 in your bank account to support you during your stay in Ireland).
- The final offer letter from DkIT.
- Receipt for proof of payment of tuition fees and health insurance.
- You will need to pay € 300 as the GNIB fee.
- This procedure will have to be completed once you reach Ireland.
Dundalk Institute of Technology Application Deadlines 2018
If you wish to apply to DkIT, you will have to make a note of the application deadlines. The application deadlines for students applying through the Central Applications Office are as follows:
- January 20th, 2018 – Deadline for Early Online Applications
- February 1st, 2018 – Deadline for Initial Applications through CAO
- February 1st, 2018 – Deadline for all mature applicants (who are above 23 years of age)
- May 1st, 2018 – Deadline for late applications
- July 1st, 2018 – Deadline for change of mind applicants
For further queries on Dundalk Institute of Technology Admission Procedure and Dundalk Institute of Technology Application Deadlines, feel free to ask in comments.