Dundalk Institute of Technology Ireland Rankings- Get here DKIT Rankings and reasons why to study in DKIT Ireland. Dundalk Institute of Technology (DkIT) is one of the leading institutes for higher education in the North East of Ireland. DkIT has collaborated with the Dublin City University (DCU) to provide reputable academic programs, excellent facilities for research and shared services. For the past 40 years, the institute has been striving to provide easy access to excellent educational opportunities, conduct research in areas that have a direct impact on teaching, learning and regional economic development. Besides, the institute is committed to working with several regional and national partners on issues related to sustainability. The smaller classroom sizes lead to increased interaction between the lecturers and students, thereby enhancing learning. The institute’s Student Learning Center provides different support services for school leavers and lifelong learners. Besides, international as well as national students can enjoy a range of facilities such as medical services, career counseling services, chaplaincy service and on-campus accommodation facilities.
DKIT offers several reputable academic programs through its four main schools:
- School of Business & Humanities
- School of Engineering
- School of Informatics & Creative Arts
- School of Health & Science
Dundalk Institute of Technology Ireland Rankings
According to the Ranking Web of Universities, Dundalk Institute enjoys the 3844th rank among top ranking institutes in the world. The university ranked 13 among top ranking Irish Institutes as per the 2017 University League Table.
Dundalk Institute of Technology Ireland Rankings by QS
The Dundalk Institute of Technology, Ireland has not been listed in the QS World University Rankings, 2016-17.
Dundalk Institute of Technology Ireland Rankings by Times Higher Education
DkIT does not feature in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, 2017.
Reasons to Study in Dundalk Institute of Technology, Ireland
The Dundalk Institute of Technology, Ireland is well connected to different cities in Ireland. This is one reason why students choose to study in this institute. Here are a number of other reasons:
- High focus on placement: The Institute places a lot of importance on placement and strives to provide a number of placement opportunities to students who graduate from the Institute. In fact, according to a survey conducted by DkIT in 2015, 89% of the institute’s graduates are either fully employed in reputable organizations or engaged in further studies within 9 months of graduation. This success can be attributed to the high standards of education and a focus on the development of practical skills such as creativity, critical thinking, teamwork, and entrepreneurship.
- Leading technology institute in Ireland: The DkIT campus is spread across 90 acres and offers some of the best career and student-focused programs in technology. Furthermore, it is surrounded by two of the largest cities in Ireland – Belfast, and Dublin. Students can also explore the culture and beauty of the surrounding places like Louth, Meath, Monaghan, Cavan, Down, Armagh and Dublin.
- Wide variety of student support services: DkIT students have easy access to various support services and facilities like the Student Union, Student’s Health Clinic, Counseling Service, Learning & Development Center, Career Services, Sports Clubs, and Societies, etc. These services enhance the holistic development of students.
- Diverse range of courses to choose: The Dundalk Institute of Technology, Ireland offers undergraduate programs in a diverse range of subjects. Students can take their pick from these.
- Importance is given to practical learning: The courses offered by the University are student-centric and have a practical component which allows the students to practice what they have learned in the classrooms. Furthermore, DkIT has a dedicated placement cell which provides more than 900 placement and internship opportunities for students, each year. This helps students to easily acquire jobs once they have graduated from the Institute.
- Variety of social events: Student life extends beyond academics. Faculty members and members of the student council at the Institute realize this fact. Hence, they organize a number of social events and activities for the students such as Orientation, Fresher’s Week, Halloween Ball, Race Day, Rag Week, etc. throughout the year.
Why Study at Dundalk Institute of Technology Ireland?
The institute also offers a variety of overseas programs and students can choose from popular study destinations such as Spain, France, and Germany, to name a few. Do you still need a reason to study in this institute?