Have you always dreamt of studying in New Zealand? Would you like to study in one of the leading tertiary education institutes in New Zealand? If so, let’s take a quick look at the admission process and application deadlines for Eastern Institute of Technology (EIT), New Zealand.
How to Apply for Admission in EIT?
The official website and online prospectus lists down the specific entry requirements for international students. It is advisable to go through the specific requirements for your desired course before proceeding to the fairly simple application process. The entry requirements differ depending on the level of your course. For illustration purposes, let us look at the entry requirements for Bachelor Honors Degree Programs and Postgraduate Diplomas or Certificates at level 8.
- Candidates who have given the New Zealand Certificates in English exam will have to obtain a minimum score of Level 5 along with academic endorsement.
- Candidates who have given the IELTS exam should have scored a minimum score of 6.5 and should not have obtained a score of less than 6 in any of the sections.
- Candidates who have given the TOEFL pBT exam should have scored a minimum score of 590 and a score of 5.5 TWE in the essay section.
- Candidates who have given the TOEFl iBT exam should have scored a minimum score of 79 and a score of 21 in the writing section.
- Candidates who have given the University of Cambridge ESOL exam should have scored a minimum score of 176 and a minimum score of 169 in each section.
- Candidates who have given the PToE exam should have scored a minimum score of 58.
- Candidates who have given the City & Guilds IESOL exam should have scored a minimum score of 42.
Eastern Institute of Technology Application Process
Once you have thoroughly read the entry requirements, you can proceed to the main part of the application process which entails filling the online application form. The steps of the application process have been outlined below:
- Irrespective of which course you wish to apply for, you will have to fill a single application form. The form is pretty simple and straightforward. You can choose your preferred campus – Napier, Auckland or Gisborne and start dates. If you wish to study in Napier or Gisborne campuses, you can choose to start your program in February 2018 or July 2018. Alternatively, if you wish to study in Auckland, you could choose start your program in March 2018 or August 2018.
- You would have to fill the complete form and send it to the email address mentioned on the website. You will also be required to send the following documents along with your application form:
- Verified photocopies of your academic transcripts in English. You will have to get it translated to English in case your academic records are in another language.
- You would need to submit a copy of your current passport or birth certificate.
- You would also be required to submit a copy of your marriage certificate or another document as proof of name change, if applicable.
- International candidates will also have to submit English language proficiency test scores.
- If your application is accepted, you will receive an offer letter and an invoice letter within five days of submission of your application. This letter will also include details of the program like starting and ending dates and conditions of study at EIT.
- If you wish to accept the offer, you would have to pay the fees as per the directions given in the invoice letter.
- Once you have paid your tuition fees, you will receive a receipt from the institute. The offer letter and receipt will be required for your student visa application process.
- The institute may issue a conditional offer in case you have not met a particular requirement like obtaining the minimum IELTS score. Once you have achieved that score, you will be sent an unconditional offer from EIT.
EIT NZ Application Deadlines 2018
Most undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma and certificate courses accept applications throughout the year. However, it is a good idea to check for specific closing dates in case of students applying for scholarships.