Edinburgh Napier University, UK is an internationally recognized university located in Edinburgh, Scotland. It is one of the largest universities in Scotland and was established in the year 1964. It has taken its name from a brilliant mathematician and philosopher John Napier who lived here in the 16th century. In 2010 the global education provider Navitas in collaboration with the university announced the establishment of Edinburgh International College, an on-campus associate college. This university is the home to19, 500 students from over 140 countries who are making their way through graduation and post graduation programs in vivid fields. These programs are not only built on the foundation of conventional courses but also on the non-conventional courses like tourism, nursing, criminology, television etc.
Edinburgh Napier University, UK Ranking
It is ranked the number one UK University of Law. Its area of expertise also lies in other fields such as Journalism, Building, Drama, and English.
Edinburgh Napier University, UK -Ranking by QS
The excellence of the university is officially recognized by the QS Stars international rankings. The quality of its teaching, internationalization and employability has been rated with full five stars in each of the categories.
Edinburgh Napier University, UK -Rankings by Times Higher Education
Times higher education ranks the institution to be among the top 5% universities in the world. This recognition was received by the institution in 2016 when its name appeared for the very first time in the list.
Edinburgh Napier University, UK- Queen’s Anniversary Prize
Edinburgh Napier University is the proud receiver of two Queen’s Anniversary Prize. This award is considered as the most prestigious award for the UK higher education sector. The prize was won in the year 2015 and 2009 by the School of Engineering and Built Environment.
Why Study in Edinburgh Napier University, UK
Edinburgh Napier University becomes the perfect example when excellence and versatility needs to be talked about. Here are a few reasons supporting the statement and showing why students want to study here:
- Ideal Location: Edinburgh Napier University has its grounds on the hilly capital of Scotland, Edinburgh. It is a historical city with a beautiful landscape which is considered to be the best city in UK for growth and making it a great place for jobseekers.
- Various study options: By providing more than 300 courses, the university tenders different pathways to study here. This assists the aspiring students to follow the profession of their choices without making any compromises with the institute they wanted to study in.
- Flexible programs: Edinburgh Napier University offers part-time, full- time, foundation apprenticeships with the flexibility of online and distant learning in many of its courses. Subsequently becoming the right tool to manage studies with work.
- Accredited courses: The courses are accredited by various institution like AACS,BCS,ICAS etc. to give students a head short when appearing for job interviews
- Study resources and facilities: The University invests in the best technology to support the student’s study so that they can get maximum output for example: social spaces, computer suites, libraries, collaborative booths, media screens, self-serve laptop loans, printing facilities etc.
- Financial aids: The University provides its meritorious students with financial aids. It not only covers the course cost but also the grants needed for the research. These encourage students to work hard in their respective fields.
- Student support services: The University provides personalized support and workshops on everything from structuring essays to exam revision to make students acquainted with the environment and helping them to work in the right direction.
- International Exchange Opportunities: The University believes in expanding the horizons of the institute by the exchange program with countries like China, Australia, and New Zealand etc.
- Nurtures Practical Skills: The University believes that practical knowledge and industrial interactions are the key ingredients required to create a professional. Hence the university gives a lot of emphasis on providing these practical skills.
- Opportunities to students: The University gives the student the accountability to upgrade their degree to masters and PhD’s in wide ranging courses helping them to grab better opportunities in life.