Edith Cowan University Application Process and Edith Cowan University Application Process Admission deadlines 2018 can be checked here. Edith Cowan University has been ranked as one of the top 250 universities as per the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. The university also has a reputation for excellence in teaching. These are some of the main reasons why international students choose to study at this university. So, let us look at the application process in detail.
Edith Cowan University Application Process- How to apply for Admission in ECU?
Once you have decided to apply for admission in ECU, the next step would be to find out about the admission requirements. The admission requirements vary from course to course. Hence, it would be advisable to check the admission requirements for your particular course on the official website.
The admission requirements also vary depending on the level of study. Hence, prior to applying for admission in ECU, you will be required to choose your level of study – Undergraduate or Postgraduate.
You will also need to submit scores of English Proficiency Language Tests. Edith Cowan University accepts scores of IELTS, TOEFL iBT, TOEFL PBT, Graduate Certificate of Education (GCE) and Pearson English Test.
The minimum English language requirements for undergraduate courses are as follows:
- Minimum score of 6 on all sections of IELTS
- Minimum score of 70 on TOEFL iBT with a minimum score of 17 on each section
- Minimum score of 550 with a TWE of 5
- Grade C on the GCE O Level Test
- Minimum score of 57 on the Pearson English Test
The minimum English language requirements for postgraduate courses are as follows:
- Minimum score of 6.5 on IELTS and a minimum score of 6 on each section
- Minimum score of 84 on TOEFL iBT with a minimum score of 17 on each section
- Minimum score of 573 with a TWE of 5
- Grade C on the GCE O Level Test
- Minimum score of 64 on the Pearson English Test and a minimum score of 58 on each section
Edith Cowan University Admission Procedure:
Once you have met all the entry requirements, you can proceed to the main part of the application process, which is filling the application form. The steps of the application process are as follows:
- International students can apply directly to ECU or apply through an authorized ECU agent.
- You can easily check the status of your application online irrespective of whether you have applied directly to the university or applied through an agent.
- If your application has been accepted by the university, you will receive the offer letter along with the course details, fees and other details.
- You can then complete the online acceptance form and pay the fees in Australian dollars by demand draft, online payment or other forms of payment as outlined in the offer letter.
- After you have completed the acceptance formalities and the university confirms receipt of payment, they will issue a Confirmation of Enrollment. This document will be required during your visa application process.
- Once all the above mentioned steps have been completed, you can then book a suitable on-campus accommodation so that you do not face any problems once you reach Australia.
Here is a checklist of the documents required for admission to ECU:
- Academic transcripts
- Scores of your English Language Proficiency Tests
- Copy of your passport
- Proof of name change, in case of married applicants. A valid marriage certificate will serve as proof of name change.
You will have to upload scanned copies of these documents while submitting your application form.
Edith Cowan University Application Deadlines 2018
Let us look at the Edith Cowan University application deadlines 2018 so that you could prepare well in advance for your application process.
- 16th June 2018 – Last date for submitting applications along with supporting documents
- 23rd June 2018 – Last date for accepting the offer and paying the fees
- 30th June 2018 – Last date for submitting applications for students who do not have to provide supporting documents
- 7th June 2018 – Last date for accepting the offer and paying the fees for students who fall into the above mentioned category
Students who wish to apply for scholarships should check their eligibility online and the closing dates for the same.
Make sure to read all the instructions thoroughly and apply well in advance to avoid any hassle or issue.