GATE 2016 Registration Started- Reportedly, the applications for Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) 2016. GATE 2016 Application Forms are being accepted from September 01, 2015. One of the most famous and competitive examinations, GATE, will be organised by Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur. As usual, the test will be conducted at various centres. A significant number of students will be appearing for GATE 2016 to pursue Masters in Technology, Engineering or for obtaining Doctorates in different subjects, from good Indian colleges like IITs, IISCs.
GATE 2016 Application Form Details:-
It is quite a procedure to register for GATE Application Form 2016. GATE 2016 registrations can be done by logging in to their official website: www.gate.iitk.ac.in
Also Check: GATE 2016 Exam Syllabus and Pattern Branch Wise
The following steps are to be followed after logging in:
- Look for the link that says “GATE 2016 online application”.
- Click it and fill the required fields.
- Go through the details once to check if they’ve been filled correctly. This is called proofreading the form.
- Necessary certificates like degree certificate, category certificate, and photographs are to be attached to the form as well.
- Also, you are supposed to take a print of the form, sign it, and then scan it to upload it on the website.
- Click on the submit button and there you go with the Registration for GATE 2016.
Key Points to Remember:
You must be looking for GATE 2016 Online Registration or GATE 2016 Offline Registration. GATE 2016 Registration can be done via online and offline by both modes. While applying for GATE 2016 Registration Form, you need to remember these points-
- An online computer based test will be held which will contain multiple choice questions.
- GATE 2016 exams are always held during forenoons and afternoons only on weekends i.e. Saturdays and Sundays.
- The dates for GATE are January 30th, 2016 to February 07th, 2016.
- The whole procedure of submitting the form, uploading documents, etc. will be done online only. Candidates are not supposed to send anything via courier or buy application forms offline.
- The fee payment will only be done via electronic mode or e-challan systems.
- The admit cards will also be only generated online and candidates will have to get a print out of the admit card to present it to the invigilator at the exam centre.
New Features in GATE 2016
- A virtual calculator will be provided to the candidates at the time of the test.
- To verify the answers, the answer key will be uploaded on the official website, shortly after the exam dates are over.
- For Petroleum Engineers, a new paper has been introduced, thus making a total of 23 papers.
Important Date for GATE 2016 Registration
- Online registration opening date- September 1st, 2015.
- Last date for submitting application form- October 1st, 2015
- Last date for request for change in choice of preferred city- November 20th, 2015
- Admit card upload date- December 17th, 2015
- Exam dates- January 30th, 2016 to February 7th, 2016
- Result declaration- March 19th, 2016
Hoping this article was helpful for you, I wish you all the good luck in the world. Stay relaxed and confident and you will achieve it!