Admission for MBA in UK- “MBA is the mother of all degrees”–A tag that gives you access to all the higher echelons existing in your workplace. MBA in UK is even better for the simple reason that it is just a single year affair as compared to other universities in Canada, India or even in USA where it lasts for a minimum of two years.
Procedure to Get Admission for MBA in UK:
UK as a country has a rich history and a deep and complex heritage that add to the grandiosity of this nation. Here you will find some of the most notorious universities of the world. Cambridge and Oxford are names that everyone across generations and geographies has heard of. In addition, there are other universities and school like the London School of Business which came into existence much later but has still garnered quite a name for itself.
Getting admitted to an MBA program in UK, is thus, not an easy task. Its praise precedes its name and succeeds in drawing quite a large number of applications. This article aims to help you understand how to get admitted into an MBA program in UK.
- International Scholarships to Study MBA in UK
- Top MBA Programs in UK
- Online MBA Programs in UK
- Cambridge or Oxford: Which University is Better for MBA?
- MBA in UK vs USA
Eligibility for Admission in MBA Schools in UK
- Education – UK unlike other universities in Canada or USA, accepts three-year bachelor programs after high school as sufficient education. However, a few universities might require four years of study or an honours degree rather than a normal Bachelors. Oftentimes, universities forego the need of a Bachelors degree itself if the applicant has substantial work experience.
- Work Experience – It’s better to have over two years of work experience before applying for Admission for MBA in UK. In general, it is a good idea to get ample work experience before you consider getting an MBA degree. Following are the Work ex-requirements of different kinds of universities in the UK.
- Few generic universities accept applications with no work experience
- AMBA accredited programs require a minimum of three years of work experience
- University affiliated MBA programs are also available. These are significantly cheaper than their alternatives
- Exams like GMAT, IELTS, TOEFL – Most universities require applicants to write some sort of an entrance test. For students from Non-English speaking countries, this is even more important. IELTS is the most widely accepted exam in UK. It serves to validate that one is comfortable or excels in the language of English. Subject tests of GMAT and TOEFL help universities judge your academic prowess. The marks in these exams thus, hold immense weight and must be worked hard upon.
Application for MBA in UK
Applications of most Universities have the following basic requirements. In addition, they might ask specific questions that are unique to the university.
- Exam scores of GMAT, IELTS or TOEFL
- Past academic records
- Work Experience certificates and documents
- Statement of purpose
- LORs (Letter of Recommendation) from colleagues, teachers or bosses
All application details must be filled meticulously. However, it is not something to worry a lot about. Most Universities have a helpline or an email contact where they can be contacted. Whatever query you have, they will resolve and surprisingly their responses are quite expedited.