Government scholarships or other scholarships are financial aids or rewards to students who want to take their education to the next higher level. Universities in the UK offer scholarships to attract talented international students. However, finding such universities and even appropriate government scholarships/funding are challenging pursuits. UK scholarships are offered for full or part-time studies at various levels i.e. undergraduate, postgraduate and graduate studies.
Government Scholarships to Study MBA in UK
Below is a list of scholarships that are funded by the government:
- British Chevening Scholarships This scholarship is funded by the UK Foreign and Commonwealth office and other partner organizations. They provide full or part funding to scholars from around the world for graduate programs in any subject.
- Commonwealth Scholarships This scholarship is for students from developing commonwealth countries to pursue a Masters degree and PhD. The list of countries is available here.
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme – This scholarship is for students from developing commonwealth countries, pursuing taught Masters program. They must pursue subjects related to the development of economy, technology and so on in the students country of origin.
Scholarships to Study in UK
Below is a list of scholarships offered to Indian students:
- Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships This scholarship is for doctoral students and research students from India who are aiming to study in the UK.
- Goa Education Trust Scholarships – This scholarship is for students from Goa who want to pursue post-graduation in any field. This is an opportunity for all Goan students to obtain higher degrees from top UK universities. In 2015, the scholarship was open to all Indian nationals.
- Saltire Scholarships This is for international students from Canada, the US, India and China who want to study in Scotland at any level.
Universities that Provide Scholarships for MBA
Heres a list of institutions that offer scholarships to Indian students to pursue MBA in UK:
University of Edinburgh The business school offers MBA scholarship schemes for students who are beginning their studies in 2017-2018.
London Business School – A wide range of scholarships, funded by the London Business School are offered here. Indian students can benefit from the London Business School India Scholarship.
Vodafone Group Foundation Scholarship (The Sir Christopher Gent Awards) This scholarship is funded by the Vodafone group foundation. It is open to residents of India. It includes three awards of 20,000 pounds each.
Bristol MBA International Scholarship Bristol, the University of the West of England offers 50% tuition scholarships to outstanding international students, who wish to pursue an MBA degree at the university.
Said Business School Skoll MBA Scholarships This scholarship is for MBA students who pursue entrepreneurial solutions for urgent social and environmental challenges.
Oxford Pershing Square Graduate Scholarships The institutions that offer this scholarship are Said Business School and the University of Oxford. This scholarship is open to students from all countries. The scholarship provides funding for tuition, college fees and a contribution towards living expenses.
Scholarships Application Form
Students need to contact universities or visit official websites to learn about the specific procedures to apply for state or other government scholarships. Most universities will require students to download and fill out important information on the scholarship application form. Supporting documents to prove eligibility for the scholarship must also be provided. Documents like a birth certificate and passport details have to be attached. Scholarship deadlines are set before the course begins. In general, one needs to apply for the course before applying for the scholarship. Each university has its own set of eligibility criteria.
There are numerous websites like Chevening in India that provide information on Scholarships to Indian students and other details on how to apply for these scholarships.