Choosing the right course is very important for ones’ career growth and progress. Students should be meticulous in choosing courses that not only suit their interests but also the need of the hour because the right course will go a long way in fetching a lucrative professional position. A look through the most popular and in-demand courses is surely recommended.
Top 10 courses in demand in India
The most popular courses for Indian students include medicine, engineering, law, company secretary training, business, fashion, computer designing, architecture, dentistry, and journalism. Apparently, there are plenty of jobs available too, if the studies and training are completed at reputed colleges or Universities. This is because high-ranking institutes provide a thorough curriculum and also campus placements.
Top 10 professional courses in India
When it comes to the most popular and in-demand courses at the professional front then the students prefer the following subjects or areas even right after completing school:
- Hotel Management
- Web Designing
- Chartered Accountancy
- Interior Designing
- Aviation Training
- Forensic Sciences
Best degree courses and top professional courses in the World
Many Indian students opt to study overseas in order to gain a competitive edge. Studying at international Universities can be a gateway to more lucrative opportunities even though it means that students have to shell out more money (if there aren’t scholarships available). Few of the non-traditional courses include:
- Environmental Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Occupational Therapy
- Translation and Interpretation
Imagine how many of these most popular and in-demand courses might be available in India? It is hard, isn’t it? This is the reason why so many Indian students flock to foreign Universities even if they have to take an educational loan.
Every student is worried about the compensation that they will receive once they start working even after completing the most popular and in-demand courses. Hence, it is important to have a brief overview of salaries.
Combining engineering with biomedicine and clinical practice is a latest trend across the globe. Therefore, a biomedical engineer can expect high salaries that are anywhere between USD 62000 to USD 1,00,000! No wonder, there is extreme competition for such courses! If you are aspiring to be an occupational therapist then you can expect your salary to range between USD 50,000 to USD 85,000. A translator or an interpreter could be paid USD 25,000 to USD 70,000. Last but not the least, nursing professionals are in high demand in many country and nurses are highly paid as well unlike the popular misconceptions. Of course, more experience means that once can climb up the professional ladder and expect to have more perks. Now imagine that if one were to return to India after completing the most popular and in-demand courses then the salary pay package may be higher.
Best Universities for the most popular and in-demand courses
All would agree that it is just not enough to only go in for the most popular and in-demand courses. Making a good choice for a University is imperative as well. There are big names such as Stanford, Harvard, Oxford, Cambridge and California but not everyone is going to be lucky enough to study at these Universities. As such, it is important to highlight that there can be other good options for completing the most popular and in-demand courses.
If you have decided to study in Europe then there are options like:
- ETH Zurich (Switzerland)
- University of Copenhagen (Denmark)
- Delft University of Technology (The Netherlands)
- Vienna University of Technology (Austria)
- Ghent University (Belgium)
- Sorbonne University (France)
- Bielefeld University (Germany)
- Central European University (this is an American University with its headquarters in Budapest, Hungary)
- University College Dublin (Ireland)
- University of Bologna (Italy)
- University of Helsinki (Finland)
- University of Bergen (Norway)
- Lund University (Sweden)
- University of Barcelona (Spain)
- Tomsk State University (Russia)
- National Technical University of Athens (Greece)
- Sofia University (Bulgaria)
- University of Zagreb (Croatia)
- Belarus State University (Belarus)
- University of Tartu (Estonia)
- Charles University (Czech Republic)
- Sarajevo School of Science and Technology (Bosnia)
- University of Warsaw (Poland)
- Vilnius University (Lithuania)
- Riga Technical University (Latvia)
- University of Porto (Portugal)
- University of Belgrade (Serbia)
- Alexandru loan Cuza University (Romania)
- Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv (Ukraine)
- Comenius University in Bratislava (Slovakia)
- University of Ljubljana (Slovenia)
This list pretty much represents at least one University from each of the European Union (EU) members! If you are thinking about remaining in Asia then also there are plenty of choices apart from India:
- National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Tsinghua University, China
- University of Hong Kong
- The University of Tokyo (Japan)
- National Taiwan University
Of course there are plenty of other good Universities in New Zealand and Australia but these can be very expensive to study, if students have to rely on their personal assets. The good news is that many Australian Universities have opened up campuses in Dubai, Singapore and Malaysia. These campuses turn out to be cheaper. So, it is good to explore and ask around for help!
Good luck with your University hunt and studies!