NEET 2017 Application Form filling process has been started. Know more about NEET 2017 Registration, NEET 2016 Exam Date, NEET Eligibility and Notification details.
NEET 2017 Exam and Notification Details:
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is conducted for both undergraduate and postgraduate medical courses as an entrance exam for candidates in India who desire to study any medical course. NEET-UG for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) and Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) would be organized by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for government or private colleges in India. NEET-UG has replaced individual medical entrance organized by states or colleges and All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT). NEET 2017 Application Form would be available for the candidates tentatively from January 2, 2017.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi and Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research JIPMER are exempted from NEET-UG as they were founded under separate law.
NEET 2017 Application Form-
NEET for undergraduate is centralized since 2016 and is inviting candidates who are seeking to get admission into MBBS and BDS programs. Those interested can expect the NEET 2017 Application Form to be available from January 2, 2017.
|Exam Name||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)|
|Conducting Body||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Courses Offered||MBBS & BDS|
|No. of Seats Offered||52, 305 MBBS & BDS Seats|
|Course Duration||MBBS: 4.5 years with 1 year compulsory rotating internshipBDS: 4 years with 1 year compulsory rotating internship|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Type of Question||Multiple choice question|
|No. of Questions||180|
|Syllabus||Physics, Chemistry, Biology & General Awareness|
|Exam Date||1st week of May, 2017 (Tentative)|
NEET 2017 Dates
The tentative dates for major admission events are given below. Candidates can check the tentative dates to know when the important admission events are scheduled for NEET 2017.
|NEET Exam Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|Opening of NEET 2017 Application Form||January 2, 2017|
|Last date for the submission of Application Form||3rd week of January, 2017|
|Issue of Admit Card||1st week of April, 2017|
|NEET 2017 Exam||May 7, 2017|
|NEET Result||1st week of June, 2017|
|Counseling||3rd week of June, 2017|
To be eligible to appear for NEET the aspiring candidates need to meet the eligibility criteria that are set by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
- Indian Citizens and Overseas Citizens of India (OCI)
- Minimum Age: 17 years of age at the time of applying or on or before December 31, 2017.
- Maximum Age: Under 15% All India Quota Seats, 25 years of age as on December 31, 2017.
- The maximum age limit is relaxed by 5 years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/Schedules Tribes/Other Backward Classes.
- Students of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for the 15% All India Quota Seats.
- Must have passed 10+2 in the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually.
- Minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology for General Category, 45% marks for General-PH and 40% for Scheduled Castes/Schedules Tribes and Other Backward Classes.
NEET 2017 Exam Pattern
- Exam Date: May 7, 2017 (Tentative)
- Mode of Examination: Pen and Paper Based
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions
- Number of Questions: 180
- Exam Duration: 3 Hours
- Distribution of Questions: 45 questions from Physics, Chemistry and Biology each
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Language: English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil and Telugu
NEET 2017 Syllabus
The syllabus of NEET 2017 will be from the 10+2 books of NCERT and CBSE for Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Zoology subjects. There can be few questions from other board but from the same level.
Procedure to fill NEET 2017 Application Form
The applications of NEET 2017 will start tentatively from January 2, 2017. All eligible candidates who are aspiring to apply for NEET 2017 shall have to apply before 3rd week of January, 2017.
- Candidates can apply only ONLINE and do the NEET 2017 Registration processes before filling the application form.
- After registration, candidates need to fill all the applicable fields of the application form.
- Uploading of the applicant’s photograph and photograph need to be done according to the specifications.
- Candidates need to check all the information before submitting the form and verify with the Documents Required.
- Finally the payment of the application fees and then the print out of the submitted form.
NEET 2017 Application Fee
The application fee can be paid by the applicant in either offline or online mode.
- General/OBC Category: Rs. 1400
- SC/ST/PH: Rs. 750
Medical Entrance Exam 2017 seeks to get the best candidates for the top colleges and universities.
Good Luck for Registration and MBBS Entrance Exam!!