If you have chosen to complete your higher studies from study abroad in USA, it is better to schedule and plan all of your trip and education in advance. The currency of the study abroad in USA has much more value than Indian National Rupees, and that is why one needs more budget to spend in the USA. The education system of America is highly appreciated by many and holds great value. This is why many students dream of completing their higher education from some of the best universities situated there.
The scholarship is the best medium to help to complete the studies overseas without any hurdle. Here is some information about the scholarships available for international students in the USA.
The Scholarships to study abroad in USA
Some of the best universities in the world are situated in the United States of America, say it to be Cambridge University, Clemson University, University of California, Pennsylvania State University, Massachusetts, Duke, and Yale. But the list is not over; there are many more.
There are many scholarships available for Indian students to help in their education. You can easily apply for scholarships if you meet the eligibility criteria the institution has set to avail of these. There are two types of scholarships available:-
- Full Time– This scholarship will pay all the tuition fees, expenses and study material, etc.
- Part-Time– In a partial scholarship, only the tuition fee will be given. For other expenses, one has to bear on their own.
Available USA Government Scholarships for the International Students:
Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowship– The Fulbright Scholarship is offered by the US-India Education Foundation. It is awarded to Young Student achievers from India.
ETS TOEFL Scholarship– The scholarship helps the Indian students at any college or university listed in TOEFL Destination Directory. One can apply for the scholarship if one has taken the Test of English as a Foreign Language and have your test scores with you. Merit Scholars are given $7000 each (about 4.7 Lakh INR). The amount is only for academic expenses. The eligibility criteria to avail of this type of scholarship is mentioned below:-
- The students should be a resident of India
- Must be doing undergraduate or post-graduate study at the time of applying
- The College or University should be listed in the list
- Must have a grade-point average of 80 or 100 or 3.0 to 4
- Advance in English with a proper score
Tata Scholarships for Cornell University– Every year 20 scholars from India go to Cornell University, situated in the United States of America. The background and financial state of the student don’t matter while giving the scholarship to study abroad in USA. One can apply to learn for the subject such as agriculture, nutrition, art, life science, etc. The Eligibility criteria are given below:-
- Must be a student and citizen of India
- Must clear the secondary level examination in India
- Seeking UG courses at Cornell
- Must fit in specified income range for availing scholarship
American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship– It is aimed towards helping high-performing students to do a Bachelor’s degree in the study abroad in USA. The student should be active in social and civic activities. It is offered for every field. It is renewable for a total of 4 years. Eligibility Criteria-
- One should be a secondary school student, applying as a first-year student at American University
- Should require a visa
- Must have a minimum of 3.8 GPA or be in ten percent of class toppers.
- Must be dedicated to helping society
- Must have good oral and written communication skill with a total of 90 TOEFL OR 6.5 IELTS
Lady Meherbai D. Tata Education Trust scholarships– The scholarship is awarded to Indian Women Graduates from recognized Indian Universities to pursue high education in the US, UK, or Europe. Eligibility Criteria-
- Female Candidates with a graduation degree from a recognized Indian University.
- Must have a strong academic background
- Should have applied or already taken admission in colleges from US, UK or Europe.
- Work experience in social work, social science, education, gender studies, etc.
Rotary Foundation Ambassadorial Scholarship– The fund is used to give scholarships with high impact and good outcomes in six focus areas like peace and focus, water and sanitation, maternal and child health, and much more. The minimum value given is USD 15,000 and the maximum is USD 30,000.
However, these are not only scholarships available for the students the study abroad in USA but there are many more available. For further updates on the list, stay tuned to our website.