Student Visa for Ireland- To apply for a student visa for Ireland, you must use the AVATS online facility. This online visa application facility is available world-wide. Once the fee, passport photograph and the required documentation is sent to the concerned embassy, the visa process will be initiated. The details of the office, where the documents have to be sent, will be mentioned on the online form.
Student Visa Application Process
- Fill up all the details in the online application form and send it to the embassy. Embassy details are mentioned on the application form.
- Make sure that your passport is valid for 12 months.
- Submit a passport size photo.
- Application fees must be paid.
- A signed letter stating why you require the visa must also be submitted.
- Provide proof of admission confirmation issued by your Irish University.
- You must ensure that the admission letter bears your name, title, course details, and the duration of the course and amount of fees payable for the course. It must also state that the fees for the course have been paid by you.
- If the University has made arrangements for medical insurance then the details of this must be indicated in the letter. If you have made arrangements for medical insurance then make sure you provide the insurance details.
- Submit your IELTS scores which is a proof of your English language proficiency. The minimum IELTS score for the Embassy is 5.
Proof of Payment of Fees
You have to submit a proof to the Embassy that the fees for the course have been cleared. Provided that the fee is paid in full to the university, the visa application will be processed.
- A copy of the electronic transfer of funds from the applicant to the Irish bank of the college must be sent. It must have the beneficiary’s name, address and the bank details. Same details must be provided for the sender as well.
- The complete fees must be paid to the college, if the course fee is less than €6,000. You must pay at least €6,000, if the course fee is more than this amount. This is an immigration requirement.
Proof of finance
Students must submit a proof that they have sufficient finance to cover the tuition fee and living expenses without depending on employment or any other financial resource.
- You must submit a detailed bank statement covering a six month period prior to the lodged visa application. It must indicate that you have sufficient funds to cover your tuition fee costs and living expenses.
- You can submit the proof even if you are eligible for a scholarship.
Since the visa takes 8 weeks or more to be processed, it is best to apply for the visa as early as possible. You can check the status of your visa online. You will need the visa application number for this. If you have been approved for a visa, the embassy will stamp the visa on your passport. In case the visa has been rejected, you have the right to appeal within two months.
Important documents Required for Ireland Visa
Applicants must keep the following documents ready, before initiating the ‘student visa for Ireland’ application process:
- Offer letter
- Receipt of payment
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Visa forms
- Financial documents
- Income returns
- Property documents /Chartered Evaluators Report
- CA statement
- Proof of relationship
- Sponsorship letter
- Academic documents
- Statement of purpose
- Work Experience Documents
- Original Passport
- Visa fees
One must read the application details carefully and submit all the required documents mentioned. If any one of the documents is not sent then there are high chances that your ‘student visa for Ireland’ application may either get rejected or slowed down. Check the official website of the Irish Embassy for more details. Also keep copies of all the documents that have been submitted.