Australia is one of the most sought after destinations for the international students. The country has universities and institutions with world class teaching facilities that encourage diversified cultures, and houses various subject experts in almost all the fields. Now, let us delve into the details that make you to decide to Study in Australia.
General Eligibility Rules
The eligibility rules to study in Australia include satisfying the health requirements for both the students and the accompanying dependent (if any). Providing a declaration for meeting the good character requirement and a compulsory obligation to obtain Overseas Student Health Cover for insurance are the other factors that come under general eligibility rules.
Before applying for a student visa in Australia, it first requires the student to be fully accepted for a full time course in an institute or university of Australia, as chosen by the student. Again, the student VISA application will also be assessed based on certain criteria such as the ability to incur costs and expenditure to stay and study, the ability to support any accompanying dependent person, level of English proficiency, academic record and history in your home country, immigration history, and the appropriateness in choosing the course.
Cost of Living
There are certain financial requirements to be met before receiving a student VISA, as set by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection. The financial requirements are as mentioned below:
• Individual – A$ 18,610 per annum
• For accompanying first dependent – A$ 6,515 per annum
• Your first child – A$ 3,720 per annum
• Every other child – A$ 2,790 per annum
This gives a pretty clear idea about the cost of living in the country.
Top & Featured Universities
Australia is homeland for some of the top universities recognized worldwide. According to the Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA), some major universities which are ranked in higher position include University of Melbourne, University of Sydney, Australian National University and some other.
Some of the Australian student scholarships, which are available for students during their course of stay in Australia and are offered by the Australian government, include Australia Awards Scholarships, Endeavour Postgraduate Awards and International Postgraduate Research Scholarships. And the scholarships that are offered by the Australian universities’ are Sydney Achievers International Scholarships, Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship, Melbourne Research Scholarship, Adelaide Scholarships International, La Trobe’s Academic Excellence Scholarships, Monash University International Merit Scholarships and Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarship.
The search for the Best Subjects is never ending in Australia because of the long list of courses available in the country. Australia has a top-notch education system with various courses offered in the fields of education, business administration, hospitality, management, information technology, health, science and finance, to name a few.A degree obtained from an Australian university definitely paves
A degree obtained from an Australian university definitely paves way for a handsome salaried job. The Average Salary after the completion of graduation in Australia is around A$ 54,000; and earning such a high salary right after completing studies, is definitely a welcoming factor to Study in Australia.
For any doubts, clarifications and FAQs on studying in Australia, please visit the Australian government website, studyinaustralia.gov.au.
With such enormous and comforting factors contributing to a cordial environment for the international students to pursue their desired education, it is definitely a perfect decision for many aspiring students to Study in Australia.
Study in Australia- Popular Study Programs:
- Engineering: Aeronautic/Aerospace, Computer Science, Electrical, Mechanical, Biomedical,
Metallurgical, Chemical, Civil
- Environment and Agricultural Science
- Hotel, Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure Management
- Information Technology (including robotics programming, information management, artificial intelligence)
- Business: Banking & Finance, Accounting, Management Information System, MBA, Human Resources, International Business and Marketing
- Life & Health Sciences: Biomedical Sciences, Pharmacology, Genetics, Pharmacy, Pharmaceutics and Drug Delivery
- Others: Media Studies, Creative Arts, Design and Communication, English Language (including English for communication and creative writing), Education
- University of Melbourne
- University of Sydney
- Australian National University
- University of New South Wales
- Monash University
- University of Adelaide
- University of Queensland
- University of Western Australia
- Macquarie University
- University of Newcastle
- University of Wollongong
- Curtin University
- RMIT University
- University of Tasmania
- Griffith University
- Deakin University
- University of Technology Sydney
- University of South Australia
- Charles Darwin University
- University of Western Sydney
- Murdoch University
- James Cook University
- Flinders University
- Swinburne University of Technology
Top B-Schools in Australia:
- Australian Graduate School of Management (UNSW)
- Melbourne Business School
- University of Sydney Business School
· Macquarie Graduate School of Management