Teesside University Campus, Popular Courses, Alumni – Teesside University is a public university having its main campus in Middlesbrough, Teesside in North East England. Teesside was first established in 1930 as Constantine Technical College. Later, in the year 1969, it was known as Teesside Polytechnic. In addition, in 1992, it gained University Status. Lord Sawyer is the Chancellor of Teesside. It has around 20,104 students, as per the 2013/14 HESA student record. It is awarded the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Excellence 2013.
Highlights of Teesside University
- Got the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Excellence 2013
- It has 85 years of teaching excellence
- Ranked in the top three for overall learning satisfaction
- Over £270m invested in our vibrant Middlesbrough town-centre campus
- Leading UK Universities for working with business
- University research is world-leading (Research Excellence Framework 2014)
- Employability support for students
Teesside University Campus
Teesside University main motto is at providing opportunities, driving enterprise, delivering excellence. Let us have a glimpse of the Teesside University campus.
The main university campus is in Middlesbrough, Teesside in North East England. Over £270m is invested to make the Teesside campus. It has all the modern facilities specially designed for the student.
Teesside University Campus (Buildings)
- Athena: The campus is built as the country’s best teaching and learning environments. It has all digital facilities of computing, design and media. It has newsroom, broadcast news studios, multimedia publishing and computing suites.
- Campus Heart: The campus heart is linked to North and South sides of the campus. Students can enjoy in the outdoor space.
- Centuria: It is a health and social care facility with seminar rooms, spacious teaching accommodation and open-access information technology labs.
- Centuria South: This is a dental, health and sports campus, where students can study dental nursing and technology and sports therapy. It has a state-of-the-art learning environment.
- Cook: This building has studios and workshops for wood, metal, plaster, resin and glas
- Olympia: This building has biomechanics and physiology labs. It also has sports hall, squash courts and an all-weather Astroturf pitch.
- Orion and Stephenson: This is a science and engineering building with all the facilities for students. It has high-tech industry-standard equipment.
- Phoenix: This building is wrapped with high definition video production facilities. It is one of the best in the UK.
- Students’ Union: In this building, students can meet their friends and fellows. It has hub, terrace, restaurants, support, advice, social spaces, shop, and sports clubs. Apart from that, there is also a job support facility to help the student to a find part-time job.
- The Curve: The Curve is the five-storey teaching building, where students learn and great and notable staff provides the excellent teachings.
- The Gym: This is a health and fitness centre. It has state-of-the-art cardiovascular and resistance fitness and free weights areas, multi-purpose studios, treatment area. The facilities can be used by both students and by staffs.
- The Library: The library has all the up to date education resources. There are individual and group study rooms, books of over 40, 000 and 29, 500 journals, around 400 personal computers.
- Waterhouse: Teesside University Campus also includes a Waterhouse, which is designed for holding classes and workshops.
Teesside University Campus (Accommodation)
- King Edward’s Square
- Woodlands Halls
- West Parkside Village
- East Parkside Village
- Teesside Central Halls
There are many undergraduate courses in Teesside. If you are thinking of pursuing any undergraduate course, choose from below list.
Type of Qualification
|All Undergraduate (It includes all the undergraduate courses like Dental Studies, Midwifery, Nursing Studies, etc. It has total 340 courses )|
|First Degree (Total 322 courses)|
|Foundation Degree (In this category 2 courses are found. Health, Wellbeing and Social Support FdSc (2 years, Full-time), Paramedic Science FdSc (2 years, Part-time)|
|HNC (6 Engineering courses are found in this category)|
|HND (5 courses are found)|
|LLB (Total 5 courses)|
|Other Undergraduate (It has total 5 courses)|
Mode of Study
|1.||Full-time (169 courses)|
|2.||Part-time (81 courses)|
|3.||Distance/online (12 courses)|
|4.||Sandwich (80 courses)|
Over 2,035 postgraduate students enrolled in the academic year 2015-15. Students are prepared for the next professional level. There are 37% students enrolled in full time courses, 63% in part time courses. There are 80% of UK domicile, 4% EU domicile, and 15% other categories.
Type of Qualification
|All Postgraduate (It includes total 180 course)|
|LLM (8 courses)|
|MBA (2 courses)|
|Postgraduate (Taught) – (It includes 174 courses)|
|Postgraduate (Research) – (It includes 6 courses)|
Mode of Study
|1.||Full-time (83 courses)|
|2.||Part-time (86 courses)|
|3.||Distance Learning (7 courses)|
|4.||Distance with attendance (1 courses)|
|5.||Sandwich (1 course)|
|6.||Part time day (1 course)|
|7.||Part time evening (1 course)|
Some popular courses in Teesside are in the list below. Have a look.
- Subjects allied to medicine
- Business & administrative studies
- Engineering & technology
- Biological sciences
- Social studies
- Computer science
- Creative arts & design
- Physical sciences
- Historical & philosophical studies
- Mass communications & documentation
Alumni of Teesside University
The alumni of Teesside are spread across the globe. They are in reputed positions and are doing great in life. There are more than 100,000 alumni and they share and meet through an alumni community. Some are politicians, singers, celebrities, athletes, businessperson, and more. Find below the names of the famous alumni of Teesside with the courses that they have pursued in the University.
|Sl. No.||Alumni Name||Present Status|
|1||Jamie Dornan||Irish actor, model, and musician|
|2||Deborah Dyer||English singer and occasional model|
|3||Vera Baird||British Labour Party activist, barrister, author and lecturer|
|4||Paul Marsden||British writer, businessman and former politician|
|5||Stephen Uppal||English actor of Asian descent from Ormesby in Middlesbrough|
|6||Tom Blenkinsop||British Labour Party politician and Member of Parliament|
|7||Simon McKeown||British artist, and lecturer at the University of Teesside|
|8||Marek Reichman||Industrial Designer|
For more details, stay tuned to our website.