Get here TOEFL Listening True/ False Questions, TOEFL Listening Practice Papers with Preparation tips.
TOEFL Listening True/ False Questions Practice:
Are you dreaming of studying abroad? There are a number of foreign universities that offer higher educational scope or opportunity to the students from across the globe. Be it the universities of USA or the universities of Canada and many other countries that have English as their official language of speaking, you need to provide a proof that you are able to speak, write and listen to English. For that there is an official examination that is conducted in different countries that you can appear for. The name of the examination is TOEFL or Test of English as a Foreign Language. In this article we will focus on TOEFL Listening True/False Questions and give you some important preparation tips about the same.
About the exam:
TOEFL is quite an intensive test that is conducted for 4 hours. There are three sections, all of which are mandatory and you have to appear for them. These are Listening Comprehension, Structure and Written Expression, Reading Comprehension and TWE test. The written comprehension, the reading comprehension and the 30-minute writing test of TWE are comparatively easier and you will have to write and read which most people are comfortable with. However, the problem that most students face in the TOEFL exam is the listening comprehension. It bears 50 questions and you will get only about 30 to 40 minutes to answer them. Hence, excelling in the listening test is a must.
TOEFL Preparation Tips to follow:
Here are the tips that you can follow to prepare for the listening part of the test.
- Start taking practice notes, whenever you are listening to something in English. While doing this, you can use abbreviations, to increase your speed. Do not note down everything you listen to. Just jot down the important points.
- Try and filter out the expressions and the tone or attitude that the speakers have, while they are speaking. The mood of happiness, sadness, anger and conflict will help you to filter the words that the speakers are using.
- Learn how to take note only of the keywords and not indulge into too much of the details.
- While taking down notes, it is quite useful that you make a column of the two speakers and thus, keep the two ideas of the conversation separate, while listening to the lecture. The questions, most often, surround the statements and opinions regarding the individual speaker’s ideas.
- While practicing at home, pay more attention to spoken words, television shows and movies and less attention to music or songs.
Always remember that practicing is the key to excel in the test. Understand the question and answer pattern, before you appear for the examination. The questions might be in the true or false pattern or in the selection of the right idea of the conversation and the speakers, in question answer and multiple choice question type.