Institutions That Accept TOEFL Scores- TOEFL or Test of English as a Foreign Language is easily one of the most popular exams taken by Indian students to study abroad. In order to study abroad in colleges or Institutes that accept TOEFL scores, one must be aware of the scores required by different colleges and universities. TOEFL is a standardized exam which is designed to evaluate English skills of an aspiring candidate. In general, the test is taken by those whose native language is not English. The test helps to assess the proficiency of the candidate in the English language. Once the interested candidates are sure about their destination, they should aim to get the required scores for TOEFL for that particular institution. But before all this, one must be aware of the institutions that accept TOEFL scores.
- How to Prepare for TOEFL iBT Online
- TOEFL Preparation Tips
- TOEFL Exam Pattern and Syllabus
- MBA Admission Eligibility Criteria in US Universities
List of Top 15 Institutions That Accept TOEFL Score:-
There are numerous colleges that accept TOEFL score all over the world. ETS (Educational Testing Service) administers the TOEFL exam in at least 163 countries across the world. The test is conducted in two formats namely iBT (Internet Based Test) and PBT (Paper Based Test). Here we will give you a list of the top 15 institutions that take TOEFL score. These scores vary from college to college. The scores also vary depending upon the format in which you give the exam. So be sure of the format in which you plan to give the test and aim for a range of scores accordingly.
College Name iBT score (Internet Based) PBT (Paper Based)
- Harvard Business School 109 600
- Stanford University 100 600
- Oxford University 100 (Recommended 109) 600 (Recommended-630)
- University of Cambridge 100 600
- MIT Institute 90 (Recommended: 100+) 577 (Recommended: 600+)
- Yale University 100 600
- University of Pennsylvania 80 (Recommended: 100+) 550 (Recommended: 600)
- Johns Hopkins University 100 600
- Cornell University 100 600
- Boston College 100 600
- Duke University 100 600
- Columbia University 100 600
- Montana State University 80-93 550-580
- University of San Francisco 80 550
- University of Virginia 90 600
As it is clear from the table given above that the TOEFL cut off marks, college wise, differ. The cut also vary from each exam, depending on the performance of the candidates.
Colleges that accept TOEFL marks assure space for international students, who can clear this test with the required cut off. Institutions that accept TOEFL score also accept GMAT and GRE, depending on the courses that they have to offer. TOEFL is a gateway for Indian students to gain access to education in U.S. If preparation is made with proper guidance and organization of time, TOEFL is a fairly simple exam and the required scores can be attained easily. TOEFL has helped many Indian students to study abroad.
So if you are an Indian student aspiring to study abroad, keep an eye for institutions that accept TOEFL score!