France is one of the most ethnically and beautiful cities that are both attractive and education for students who study there. Knowing things properly about universities and colleges to study is necessary and a primary one. Adding to this one must check for the application fee structures too for every France college as much as possible. Few people out there may already know that foreign student residents are offered scholarships and only a few euros are to be spent per year. But there are some other significant criteria regarding France college fees. The following key points may help to get some relevant data about fees in some French universities.
FREE APPLICATION FEE IN FRANCE
As a student, if you fall under Switzerland nations or lie in the European American Areas-EEA (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway), then you’re more eligible to study for free in France. It is not completely free, but you will be charged only very few costs. Also, on point, if you are not a citizen or some permanent resident of the above ones, then you should some higher fees for private institutions. Some colleges still work on the basis that everyone, regardless of the citizen must pay the tuition fees of the university. Though it is worth the cost to study here still trying out ways to reduce the fee cost is beneficial!
APPROXIMATE COST OF APPLICATION FEE IN FRANCE
The French Government is the authority for assigning the tuition fees in public universities. If you are a permanent resident or citizen of the EEA or so, then the following is for you:
- 170 euros per year for Bachelor’s (License) programmes.
- 243 euros per year for Master’s programmes.
- 601 euros per year for courses of engineering in certain institutions.
- 380 euros per year for Doctorate (PhD) programmes.
Pointing out, all other students who are international residentially is said to be higher is charged for fees. The new fee structure pertaining to the international students, starting September 2019, include:
- 2,770 euros per year for Bachelor’s (License) programmes.
- 3,770 euros per year for Master’s programmes.
- 3,770 euros per year for Doctorate (PhD) programmes.
The statistics work only for French public universities. Private ones in France demand some higher ranges approximately like from 3,000 to 20,000 euros per year respectively. On the positive side, the new rule of higher fees still comes with grants scholarships for the needful students. On the whole, studying in French colleges, particularly public ones are fruitful for students. Also, remember that you will be paying your fees usually in France as a whole annual tuition payment at every academic year’s start, i.e. September.
TUITION AND APPLICATION FEES AT OTHER TYPES OF COLLEGES
France’s Great schools and establishments, “Grandes écoles and grands établissements” require you to pay as per their set of own lines of payment. It may range from 500-600 euros per year but it may raise up to 10,000 also. Noting the business schools of France, one must pay from 5,000 to 7,000 euros per year regardless of the degree type.
APPLICATION FEE AFFORDABLE IN SOME UNIVERSITIES
- ‘University Lille Sciences et Technologies’ – average tuition fees 261 EUR/year.
- ‘Université de Lyon’ – average tuition fees 500 EUR/year.
- ‘Université du Maine’ – average tuition fees 500 EUR/year.
- ‘Grenoble INP Institute of Engineering Univ. Grenoble Alpes’ – average tuition of 261 EUR/year.
- ‘University of Burgundy’ – average tuition fees 500 EUR/year.
- ‘École Polytechnique’ – average tuition fees 12,000 EUR/year
- ‘Paris Descartes University’ – average tuition fees 261 EUR/year
Regardless of the type of study chosen ask for every fee details from the university taken. Ensure whether you are applicable for any scholarships or nationality preferences. Studying in France is a boon for many students and thus target high ranks with positions in high ranking colleges with appropriate levels of fee payments.