Planning to do a Study MBA in Canada, but worried about high tuition fees and the cost of living in countries like the USA or the UK? If yes, then you’re on the right blog!
With affordable tuition fees to the high-quality of education, one can easily plan to study in Canada, that too on a budget. Canadian Business schools have experienced a 16.4% rise in application forms of international students and making Canada a popular destination to study abroad.
Study MBA in Canada is the most sought after profession and highly recognized all over the world. In total there are 96 exceptional and unique universities in Canada that offer more than 1500 programs in French and English language, with academics, professional and vocational programs.
If you have a keen interest in knowing – How does a business work or you want to improve your managerial skills, learn more about different sectors such as finance, markets, customers operations, health, communication, information technology, and business policy and strategy – then you are at the right place and with the right course.
Under is the catalog which tells you about – Why one should opt for Study MBA in Canada? This will include the reasons or the advantages of studying for an MBA from Canada, the top Universities and courses, the requirements, visa requirements, and eligibility criteria.
Advantages of Studying MBA from Canada
• The main reason for choosing Canada is its affordability. Canadian universities are affordable with low tuition fees and living expenses as compared to many other study destinations like the UK or the US. Moreover, the place has a life inside and outside the campus to explore art, music, food, and culture.
• In terms of education, Canada Universities provide you with the best quality of education in the Business field. These universities are globally recognized and also some universities have made their place in the World’s Top 100 Universities. Business schools in Canada offer excellent infrastructure, exposure, and scholarship opportunities to attract more and more international students.
• Business programs in Canada are updated with advanced technologies that increase the job opportunities and earning potentials of students. A student is placed within 6 years after his completion of the studies. This program offers both practical and theoretical knowledge, as one can get better insights into the industry.
• If you want to work for a multinational corporation, setting up your own business, or meeting new people with different cultures and backgrounds, then there’s nothing better than choosing a business qualification in Canada. These universities work on your leadership, ethics, global perspectives, and independent thinking and also offer you off-campus placements.
• Admission and Visa procedures are also not tough in Canada as compares to USA visas or UK visas. One can easily obtain a study permit and work permit visa. A work permit visa allows graduates to work for three years in Canada. And study permit visa allows you to work up to 20 hours per week during the full time and term time to earn some extra bucks.
• The Canadian Government is making efforts to attract more international students. They have introduced an “International Education Strategy” to focus on maintaining the global position of the country in terms of higher education.
• Last but not least, Canada gives you the opportunity to experience multi-cultural. It is a country with stability and a peaceful environment with a low crime rate. It also gives students an opportunity to develop new language skills – French and English.
Top Universities and their Courses in Canada for MBA
Canadian Universities to pursue MBA in top universities –
• York University’s Schulich, School of Business – Some of the programs offered- BBA, IBBA (International BBA) MBA, IMBA (York), MPA (Master of Public Administration), MF (Master of Finance), Master of Accounting, MSc in Business Analysis, Executive MBA, MBA/MFA/MA (MBA/Master of Fine Arts/Master of Arts), MBA/JD (MBA/Juris Doctor), Ph.D., Financial Engineering, Post-MBA Diplomas, Executive Education Programs
• Queen’s School of Business, Queen’s University – Some of the programs offered – Bachelor of Commerce, MBA (Queen’s), Executive MBA, Cornell-Queen’s Executive MBA, Accelerated MBA for Business Graduates, Executive Education, Master of International Business, Master of Finance, Master of Management Analytics – Toronto, Graduate Diploma in Accounting, Master of Science in Management, PhD
• University of Toronto: Rotman School – Some of the programs offered – MBA (U of T), BASC/MBA, JD/MBA, Master of Global Affairs (MGA)/ MBA, Morning & evening part-time MBAs, OMNIUM GLOBAL EXECUTIVE MBA, Rotman Commerce (undergraduate degree), Master of Financial Economics, Collaborative Program in Asia Pacific Studies, Collaborative Program in Environmental Studies, Dynamics of Global Change Program, PhD
• Desautels School, McGill University – Some of the programs offered – BCom, Honours in Investment Management Program, International Management, International Summer Program, MBA in McGill, Professional Part-time Study MBA in Canada, Law MBA in Canada MD MBA Program, McGill-HEC Montreal Executive MBA, International Masters for Health Leadership, MBA Japan, Post-MBA Japan, International Masters in Practicing Management, Masters in Manufacturing Management Program, Public Accountancy, McGill Executive Institute, McGill-HEC Montreal Executive MBA, Advanced Leadership Program, International Masters in Practicing Management, PhD
• Sauder Business School, University of British Columbia – Some of the programs offered – MBA (UBC), Part-time Study MBA in Canada, International MB, Master of Management, Master of Management in Operations Research, EMBA in Health Care, Joint MBA/JD, Joint MBA/MAPPS, Bachelor of Commerce, MSc in Business Administration, Ph.D. in Business Administration, Diploma in Accounting Program (DAP), Diploma in Marketing & Sales Management, Executive Training/Programs, Licensing Courses & Credit Programs (Real estate), Business Families Centre Programs, Advanced Management Program, Ch’nook Scholars Program
• The University of Alberta, Alberta School of Business – Some of the programs offered – Alberta BCom, Study MBA in Canada, Part-Time Evening Study MBA in Canada, Executive MBA, Fast Track MBA for Business Graduates, Ft. McMurray MBA, Doctor of Philosophy, Executive Education, Master of Financial Management
• MBA at Ivey Business School, University of Western Ontario – Some of the programs offered are- HBA (Honors Business Administration), MBA (Ivey), Executive Study MBA in Canada, Accelerated MBA, MSc in Management, Executive Development, Ph.D. MBA
In order to get admission to these top universities, you need to do a lot of paperwork. The work includes –
• Academics Qualification – You need to submit your academics qualification to the business schools. Though every business schools have a different requirement some common are – official transcripts from your previous colleges/universities, in the English language.
• Other exams- Some business schools also demand GMAT score with minimum requirement ranges from 500-600. Some business schools also ask for work experience of 2-3 years. TOEFL or IELTS exams are also needed in order to prove your language proficiency ability.
• Resume – You’ll also require to submit a full-fledge Resume or CV along with your application, academics qualifications, work experience, personal information, and co-curricular activities.
• Recommendation letter – You’ll ask to submit an LoR or Recommendation letter from your previous college, university, or organization by any employer, colleague, or faculty.
• Statement of Purpose(SOP)- A statement of purpose refers to the reasons for choosing this program in so and so university, your goals, interests area, education, and experience. Many institutions have their own statement of purpose. To know further- SOP to Study MBA in Canada
Cost of Study MBA in Canada- Though every university has its own different tuition fees the average amount of annual fee ranges from – INR 16 Lakh to 22 Lakh.
You can opt for a degree/diploma in a business course, but the eligibility requirements are:
• Undergraduate Diploma/Degree
1. 12 years of formal education
2. School qualifications, transcripts, and relevant certificates
3. 12th-grade mathematics is mandatory
4. Proof in the English language through IELTS and TOEFL exam
• Post Graduate Degree/Diploma
1. Bachelor’s degree obtained from any recognized institution
2. Work experience may be asked by some institutions
3. Prove proficiency in the English language through IELTS and TOEFL
4. Some institutions grant admission on GMAT score also
• Step 1 – Apply for Canada Universities and courses. You can only begin the process with the offer letter received from a Canada University. Make sure that you’re applying for a designated learning institution (DLI) in Canada because then only one is eligible.
• Step 2 – Pay your tuition fees. Cheers! You are selected. Once you receive an offer letter from the Canadian University then your chances to receive a visa get higher.
• Step 3 – Apply for a study permit. You’re served with two options either you apply through online means or via visiting local visa application centers.
• Step 4 – Purchase of GIC (Guaranteed Investment Certificate). After applying for a study permit you need to buy GIC or Guaranteed Investment Certificate from any participating banks.
• Step 5 – You now have to undertake a medical examination by a doctor approved by the Canadian Government.
• Step 6 – To lodge your visa application you will need to submit some documents as per SDS Checklist
• Step 7 – Finally you’ll receive your visa.
For detailed information regarding Student Visa kindly go to our – Step By Step Process to Get a Canada Study visa?