Year of estabishment1960
Acceptance CritieriaProfile Dependent
Grand Valley State University
1 Campus Dr, Allendale, MI 49401, United States
Grand Valley State University Is A Public University, Established In The Year 1960. Its Setting Is Suburban Located In Allendale, Michigan, United States. It Is A Coeducational Institution. The University Utilises A Semester Based Academic Calendar. This University Operates On The Motto ?Educating Students To Shape Their Lives, Their Professions And Their Societies?.
According To The Forbes Magazine?s List Of America?s Best Colleges this University Was Ranked At #547 nationally For The Year 2015/16. Regionally Grand Valley State University Is Ranked By U.S. News & World Report at #26 and By Washington Monthly at #30 for The Year 2015/16.
This University Is Accredited By The Higher Learning Commission Of The North Central Association Of Colleges And Schools. Its Baccalaureate Program Are Accredited By Association To Advance Collegiate Schools Of Business, Accreditation Board For Engineering And Technology, Inc., American Physical Therapy Association, Council On Social Work Education, National Association Of Schools Of Art And Design, National Association Of Schools Of Music, National Council For Accreditation Of Teacher Education And National League For Nursing.
The Main Campus Encompasses An Area Of 1,322 Acres Located In Grand Rapids. The Allendale Campus Is Home To Major Of The University?s Programmes.
Following Are The Schools And Colleges Owned By The University:
- F.E. Seidman College Of Business
- College Of Community And Public Services
- College Of Education
- College Of Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Seymour And Esther Padnos College Of Engineering And Computing
- College Of Health Professions
- Kirkhof College Of Nursing
- Brooks College Of Interdisciplinary Studies
Some Of The Departments Present Across The University?s Schools And Colleges Are As Follows:
- Accounting (M.S.A.)
- Accounting (B.B.A., Minor)
- Advertising And Public Relations (B.A., B.S., Minor)
- African/African American Studies (Minor)
- Aging And Adult Life (Minor)
- Allied Health Sciences (B.S.)
- Anthropology (B.A., B.S., Minor)
- Applied Linguistics (Minor)
- Applied Linguistics (M.A.)
- Arabic (Minor)
- Archaeology (Minor)
- Art - Studio Art (B.A., B.S., B.F.A.)
- Art Education (B.A., B.S.)
- Art History (B.A., Minor)
- Athletic Training (B.S.)
By Focusing On Academic Quality Combined With Research-informed Teaching And Influenced By Its Global And National Links With Professional Bodies And Associations, The University Has Set Quality Benchmarks.
Grand Valley State University Offers More Than 200 Areas Of Study Which Includes 85 Undergraduate And 35 Graduate Degree Programmes. Some Of The Major Courses Are As Follows:
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer Studies
- Human Resources
The Grand Valley State University Has Over 350 Student Run Organization Including Special Interest Groups, Academic & Professional, Honorary, Sports, Religious, Cultural, Performing Arts, Advocacy And Service.
Following Are The Student Media Organization Owned By This University:
- Grand Valley Lanthorn, A Student Run Newspaper
- WGVU-TV and WGVK-TV, Full Time Public Television
- WGVU and WGVU-FM, Public Radio Stations
Grand Valley Owns 20 Varsity Sports Teams Which Includes 9 Men?s And 11 Women?s Team. They Are Nicknamed As ?Grand Valley State Lakers? Compete In National Collegiate Association Of Athletics Division II.
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer Studies Grand Valley State University Is Home To 29 Living Centres (residence Halls) And Three On-campus Apartment Complexes On Its Main Allendale Campus, And Two Residence Halls On Its Pew Grand Rapids Campus, Totalling 6,068 Beds. GVSU Also Has Six Inspanidual Dining Halls On Campus For Students And Faculty. These Dining Halls Are Housed In Five Facilities With Five Halls Being On The Allendale Campus And One On The Pew Campus.
- Cullen Finnerty - Former NFL Quarterback
- Frank Foster - Member Of The Michigan House Of Representatives Serving The 107th District
- Eric Fowler - Former NFL Wide Receiver
- Robert Genetski - Member Of The Michigan House Of Representatives Serving The 88th District
- Mike Gravier - NCAA Football Coach
- Thomas Hooker - Member Of The Michigan House Of Representatives Serving The 77th District
- Charles Johnson - NFL Wide Receiver For The Minnesota Vikings
- Derrick Jones - Former NFL Defensive Tackle/end Of The Tennessee Titans
- John Keating - Fox Sports Net Personality Who Used The On-air Name "Steve Knight" In Grand Rapids
- David Kircus - Former NFL Wide Receiver For The Denver Broncos
- Tim Lelito - NFL Offensive Lineman For The New Orleans Saints
A Wide Variety Of Scholarship Programmes Are Offered By This University Based On The Following:
- Incoming Freshman Scholarships
- Incoming Transfer Scholarships
- Transfer Merit Scholarships
Grand Valley Offers Scholarships Based On Merits.