Top 10 Colleges in UK- If you are planning to study in the UK then you might be wondering about the top colleges in UK for 2017. Of course, when it comes to Universities then people write off University of Oxford and University of Cambridge as the top notch based on World University Rankings. On the other hand, it might be a cumbersome job to get information on the top ranking colleges in the UK. One can begin with the Universities in order to get a fair idea. The University of Cambridge has 31 affiliated colleges that are all considered to be top UK colleges. The Tompkins Table comes to rescue. The table is an annual ranking that ranks the affiliated colleges based on undergraduate students’ performances for each year’s examinations.
Top 10 Colleges in UK:
The top 10 Colleges in UK of Cambridge University are:
- Trinity College
- Pembroke College
- Christ’s College
- Emmanuel College
- John’s College
- Queens’ College
- Jesus College
- Magdalene College
- Corpus Christi College
Similarly, the University of Oxford has at least 38 affiliated colleges. These colleges are more like academic communities where students undertake tutorials. All students and even staff should be a member of any of the affiliated colleges in order to be a member of the University. The rankings are available but some of the colleges are:
- All Souls Colleges
- Kellogg College
- Christ Church College
- St Cross College
- St Catherine’s College
- St Antony’s College
- St Anne’s College
- St Hilda’s College
- Lincoln College
- St Peter’s College
Other than these prestigious colleges, there is other six form colleges were mature (above 18 inclusive) study for advanced school-based qualifications such as A-levels or International Baccalaureate Diploma. Some of these as well as the others (paired with descriptions) are:
- Bilborough Sixth Form College
- Birmingham Metropolitan College
- Blackpool & Fylde College
- Bradford College: This one is an award winning education institute and enjoys a national reputation for excellence. The college maintains a strong vocational focus.
- City College, Plymouth: It is a partner college of the University of Plymouth and was formerly called the Plymouth College of Further Education.
- City of Bristol College
- Greenwich School of Management: It is an independent school for higher education that is located in Greenwich, London. The school offers business specific courses at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Hult International Business School: It is a global business school and it has a campus in London apart from other countries. The school offers programs like MBA and Executive degrees other than training at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Met Film School, London: Students prefer the school for training in film-making.
- West London College: The College is famous for providing specialist art and design training.
- The College of Law: The College is now known as the University of Law. As the name suggests, it is UK’s largest law schools. The alumni of the University are quite notable and work as UK members of Parliament or chief justices.
- How to Get UK Student Visa
- 10 Reasons Why Studying Abroad in the UK is Like Going to Hogwarts
- Post Graduation Courses in UK
- Top 10 Business Schools in UK
- Cambridge MBA vs Oxford MBA